What To Expect
Let's gain an understanding of what needs to happen, what will happen, and when.
- The first step is to apply. This step must be completed by businesses owners or directors. An online application will request some basic company information. You fill find the start of the application process on CDAP's Boost Your Business Technology Grant Site.
- You will be asked to assess your business' digital readiness by completing a digital needs assessment. They may refer to this as "DNA" for short. This is the lengthiest step in the application process. Depending on your ability to easily answer the requested information, it may take you anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes to complete.
- The Digital Needs Assessment tool will generate a report outlining your company's digital maturity and compare it to an industry-specific benchmark. Save the report as it will be helpful to share with us as we determine how best to serve you.
- You will gain access to what CDAP refers to as the Digital Advisor Marketplace. Look around and you will find our listing. You've found us here as well and can easily connect with us through several means on our Work With Us page. We are excited to get working with you.
- ourCIO will work closely with you to gain a preliminary understanding of your business so we can tailor a proposal suitable for you. We will better familiarize you with the Business Technology Assessment process. Once you are ready to proceed, you will be presented with an ourCIO Services Agreement and we will then work together to schedule accordingly.
- Once we have completed and reviewed your Business Technology Assessment and Digital Adoption Plan, you can submit your Digital Adoption Plan and accompanying invoice(s) to CDAP for your grant payment. This step must be completed within 6 months.
That's it. From here, there are options to access a 0% interest loan of up to $100,000 with BDC to help fund the implementation of the desired recommendations. Businesses can also access funded work placements with students and recent graduates with a wage subsidy of up to $7,300.
It's recommended businesses consult the Program Guide for the detailed Boost Your Business Technology grant terms and conditions